CALL FOR PAPERS
Africa Research Day 2015
Deadline: February 15, 2015
The third Africa Research Day will be hosted by the Africa Research Students Network (AfNet) on Monday, March 16, 2015 at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London. We welcome presentations from PhD students conducting research on Africa or Africa-related themes. Presentations and discussions will be organised into the following thematic panels:
– Governance, Globalisation and Politics: history, policy formulation, trade and aid, state-society relations, gender and representation
– Environment and Sustainability: political ecology, natural resource management, local knowledges
– Culture and the Arts: identity, history, cultural and creative industries/practice
– Development: health, education, interventions, policy, local experiences
– Peace and Conflict: external interventions, peace-building, post-war recovery, post-conflict states
The Research Day is an excellent opportunity for current PhD students to share their research with peers working on similar topics or in similar fields. It will allow participants to share ideas, get feedback on work in progress, and make connections. Presenters will each make a 15-minute presentation followed by 15 minutes of questions and discussion.
Please submit abstracts of up to 300 words, including the title of your presentation and indicating the thematic panel you would like to be considered for, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your full name, institution and email address.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Sunday, February 15, 2014 and presenters will be notified by February 23rd.
For more information and to submit abstracts, please email email@example.com.
All the best,
AfNet and the Africa Research Day are sponsored by the Centre of African Studies, University of London (http://www.soas.ac.uk/cas/).