Gender, Religion and the Atlantic World, Newcastle University
May 15, 2014
The relationship between religious experience and gender remains underexplored in academic scholarship. Researchers are invited to present papers on (but not limited to) the following topics:
– Masculinity and/or femininity and religion
– Religion and postcoloniality
– Religious syncretism
– Evolution of religious doctrine
– ‘Cult’ vs. ‘Religion’
– Histories of particular religious practices
– Afro-religions/religious practices
– Religion and gender(ed) identity
– Religious affiliation and sexual expression
– Queer religiosity/ies.
Please send short abstracts of no more than 250 words, plus a short bio of no more than 100 words to Janelle Rodriques at email@example.com by February 17, 2014.
For more information, please see http://genderreligionatlantic.wordpress.com/